Fall 2020 Sorority Recruitment
Please continue to watch this page for updates. (Last update 8/19/2020)
(August 19, 2020)
(June 25, 2020)
Panhellenic recruitment offers an opportunity to meet chapter members and peers, while learning what each sorority has to offer. Throughout the process, Recruitment Counselors (Gamma Chi's) will answer all questions that may arise while participating in recruitment. Participating in the recruitment process does not require a person to join a chapter, but enables her to explore and learn more about the campus and Greek community. This is a great way to meet new people and find out about different ways to get involved on campus. This process is intended to be a positive, fun, and enriching experience for everyone who participates.
Fall 2020 Schedule of Events
Early move-in: All move-in dates are tentative. More information is expected about move-in around June 1, 2020.
- Tuesday, August 11 (Reid Hall, Maple Hill East, Maple Hill south, Maple Hill West only. Additional charges apply.)
- Wednesday, August 12 (All of campus. Additional charges apply.)
- Thursday, August 13 (Futrall Hall, Hotz Honors Hall, Reid Hall, Yocum Hall)
- Friday, August 14 (Reid Hall only)
- NOTE: Additional UA Housing charges will apply for early move-in (this fee is separate from the Recruitment Registration fee) and the fee will be billed to the student's UAConnect account.
- Beginning in June, once students have registered for Sorority Recruitment, you will receive an email from University Housing that will allow you to pick an Arrival Time for one of the Early Move-In dates.
- University Housing requests that students participating in Sorority Recruitment DO NOT pick an Arrival Time in the General Population student arrival time selection process, but to only use the Sorority Recruitment Arrival Time selection process. Arrival Times can be selected through the Student Housing Contracting Portal once Greek Life has notified University Housing that you are officially participating in Sorority Recruitment. All University Housing students participating in Sorority Recruitment are required to select an Arrival Time for move-in.
Friday, August, 14 - Recruitment Orientation (details TBA)
Saturday, August 15 - Friday, August 22 - Formal Recruitment
Saturday, August 22 - Bid Day (details TBA)
How To Register:
Welcome to Recruitment 2020! We are extremely excited to know that you have expressed interest in joining a sorority at the University of Arkansas! Please read the following information thoroughly because you must agree to the following terms before submitting this application.
It will take 30-45 minutes to complete the registration form. In addition, you are only allowed to register “ONCE”. If there are duplicate registration forms from the same person, Panhellenic reserves the right to use the first registration form completed within the system. So, please make sure your information is correct when registering.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER:
1) A Laptop or Desktop should be used when registering.
2) Use the "Chrome" internet browser when completing your application.
3 ) Your Resume. Chapter members will focus heavily on this registration form. So, please be sure to list all extracurricular activities, honors, community service, and work experience. It is strongly encouraged that you have your resume available. Your registration form should mirror your resume.
4) Your High School Transcript or a Recent Grade Report Card. See Section "B" below.
5) A Most Recent Head Shot Photograph (i.e. Senior Pictures).
6) Your T-Shirt Size.
7) Payment by debit or credit card is required at the time of registration. Registration fee is non-refundable.
8) Essay: Please upload a Word document addressing the following questions. Please limit each response to 200 words or less. All four questions need to be answered. Be sure to include your name and hometown in the top right corner. Questions:
- Why are you interested in becoming a member of a sorority at the University of Arkansas?
- What values are most important to you as a leader?
- What does sisterhood mean to you? Please share what you hope for in a friendship.
- Please share with us your goals and aspirations for the next four years.
9) Video: This year, we are requiring potential new members to upload a video to introduce themselves to chapters. In the video, please state your name and hometown. You should then share what is unique about you. Please keep this video to one minute. This video should be recorded on your phone and then uploaded to your registration application. Please click here to find more helpful tips before submitting your video. (Sample video)
10) All of these things must be submitted at the time of application. Once submitted, your application is final. You will not be able to edit, revise, add, and/or remove.
11) Official Panhellenic Recruitment Application. Registration is now open!
OTHER HELPFUL TIPS REGARDING REGISTRATION:
A) SAT and ACT scores are required fields. If you did not take the SAT, put "0" for your score, and further down the form in the "Additional Information" box, type "I did not take the SAT."
B) Send your official transcript to the Admissions Office. This applies for women who recently graduated high school and for transfer students. Students who completed their freshman year at the University of Arkansas, and are participating in recruitment as a sophomore, do not need to send their transcripts to Admissions. The deadline for sending in transcripts is July 30, 2020.
C) Pay the non-refundable application fee online after you complete your online application (#11 above). The Recruitment fee is $230.00 if you register June 1 through June 30. On Wednesday, July 1, the Recruitment fee increases to $240.00. The deadline for Recruitment registration is Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST.
OR mail your registration fee to the following address:
Office of Greek Life
1 University of Arkansas c/o Panhellenic Council
Walton Hall 101 Fayetteville, AR 72701
* Please make checks or money orders payable to Panhellenic Council. We're sorry, but we do not accept cash as a form of payment.
** Sorority applications will not be completed until the application fee is received.
D) Read the Panhellenic Recruitment Rules. (Updated 6/23/2020)
E) Information about where to meet for Recruitment Orientation in August will be emailed to you before Recruitment begins.
***Please note: Although you may register with your Local Alumnae Panhellenic Association for assistance with Letters of Recommendation, please keep in mind that you MUST register with the University of Arkansas Panhellenic Council to be considered eligible to participate in Recruitment 2020, including completing our Official Panhellenic Recruitment Application online (#11 above), as well as submitting a payment. The last day to register is July 15, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST.
If you do not receive an email confirmation stating you have registered with the University of Arkansas Panhellenic Council immediately upon completion of your online registration form and submission of payment, all potential new members are encouraged to contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
F) See More Information About Recruitment regarding Letters of Recommendation, Chapters, a sample resume, information for parents, and FAQ's.
(Please note: The correct early move-in dates are August 11-14.)
GO HOGS! GO GREEK! GO HOGS!
Over the past year, Greek Life has been working diligently with Alpha Gamma Delta in planning a Fall 2020 debut on our campus. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that Alpha Gamma Delta and its potential new members are set up for success on day one. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has created some challenges that make this a less than ideal time for debuting a new sorority. After much deliberation, we have made the difficult decision together to pause the debut until Fall 2021. We will re-visit the situation and discuss a new agreement following Formal Recruitment.
Questions or Concerns: If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call 479.575.5001