Fall 2020 Sorority Recruitment
Last Update 3-17-2020
Please continue to watch this page for updates. We plan to have all information up by April 1.
Panhellenic recruitment offers an opportunity to meet chapter members and peers, while learning what each sorority has to offer. Throughout the process, Recruitment Counselors (Gamma Chi's) will answer all questions that may arise while participating in recruitment. Participating in the recruitment process does not require a person to join a chapter, but enables her to explore and learn more about the campus and Greek community. This is a great way to meet new people and find out about different ways to get involved on campus. This process is intended to be a positive, fun, and enriching experience for everyone who participates.
Fall 2020 Schedule of Events
- Thursday, August 13 (only specific campus locations will be available)
- Friday, August 14 (all campus locations available for Sorority Recruitment move-in)
- NOTE: Students who arrive on Thursday, August 13 will be charged a $60 early move-in fee (this fee is separate from the Recruitment Registration fee) and the fee will be billed to the student's UAConnect account. Students who arrive on Friday, August 14 will be charged a $30 early move-in fee (this fee is separate from the Recruitment Registration fee) and the fee will be billed to the student's UAConnect account.
- Beginning in June, once students have registered for Sorority Recruitment, you will receive an email from University Housing that will allow you to pick an Arrival Time for one of the two dates above (August 13 or 14).
- University Housing requests that students participating in Sorority Recruitment DO NOT pick an Arrival Time in the General Population student arrival time selection process, but to only use the Sorority Recruitment Arrival Time selection process. Arrival Times can be selected through the Student Housing Contracting Portal once Greek Life has notified University Housing that you are officially participating in Sorority Recruitment. All University Housing students participating in Sorority Recruitment are required to select an Arrival Time for move-in.
Friday August, 14 - Recruitment Orientation - Check-in begins at 5:45 pm Union Ballroom
Saturday, August 15 - Friday, August 22 - Formal Recruitment.
Saturday, August 22 - Bid Day, 10:00 am at Chi Omega Greek Theater - LIVE BROADCAST HERE! (Facebook.com/uagreeklife) FOR WEATHER UPDATES - CHECK THE GREEK LIFE FACEBOOK PAGE.
How To Register:
Please read the following instructions before completing your online application.
1. To get started, you will need the following items:
- A laptop or desktop should be used when registering.
- Your resume. (You do not attach your resume to the application. Information from your resume is typed into the respective boxes on the application.)
- Most recent head shot photograph (i.e., senior picture).
- High school transcript or a recent grade report card.
- T-shirt size.
- Credit card, if using this as your payment method.
Please know it will take 30-45 minutes to complete the registration form. In addition, you are only allowed to registered “ONCE”. If there are duplicate registration forms from the same person, Panhellenic reserves the right to use the first registration form completed within the system. So, please make sure your information is correct when registering.
2. Online Registration - Registration will open June1, 2020. We recommend that you use Chrome as your browser when completing this application.
NOTE: SAT and ACT scores are required fields. If you did not take the SAT, put "0" for your score, and further down the form in the "Additional Information" box, type "I did not take the SAT."
3. Fill out the online application and attach a digital picture of yourself such as a Senior picture.
4. Send your official transcript to the Admissions Office. This applies for women who recently graduated high school and for transfer students. Students who completed their freshman year at the University of Arkansas, and are participating in recruitment as a sophomore, do not need to send their transcripts to Admissions. The deadline for sending in transcripts is July 30, 2020.
5. Pay the non-refundable application fee online after you complete your online application. The Recruitment fee is $230.00 if you register June 1 through June 30. On Wednesday, July 1, the Recruitment fee increases to $240.00. The deadline for Recruitment registration is Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST.
OR mail your registration fee to the following address:
Office of Greek Life
1 University of Arkansas c/o Panhellenic Council
Walton Hall 101 Fayetteville, AR 72701
* Please make checks or money orders payable to Panhellenic Council. We're sorry, but we do not accept cash as a form of payment.
** Sorority applications will not be completed until the application fee is received.
6. Read the Panhellenic Recruitment Rules. Recruitment Rules 2020 are now posted here!
7. Information about where to meet for Recruitment Orientation in August will be emailed to you before Recruitment begins.
***Please note: Although you may register with your Local Alumnae Panhellenic Association for assistance with Letters of Recommendation, please keep in mind that you MUST register with the University of Arkansas Panhellenic Council to be considered eligible to participate in Recruitment 2020, including completing our Official Panhellenic Recruitment Application online (#1 above), as well as submitting a payment. The last day to register is July 15, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST.
If you do not receive an email confirmation stating you have registered with the University of Arkansas Panhellenic Council immediately upon completion of your online registration form and submission of payment, all potential new members are encouraged to contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. See More Information About Recruitment regarding Letters of Recommendation, Chapters, a sample resume, information for parents, and FAQ's.
Look Book 2020 coming soon! The 2019 Look Book still has usual information to guide you.
GO HOGS! GO GREEK! GO HOGS!
Questions or Concerns: If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call 479.575.5001