Continue to watch this page for recent announcements about Sorority Recruitment for Fall 2020!
June 25, 2020
All: We are excited to make an announcement about Sorority Recruitment 2020! Due to COVID-19, we have worked together with our U of A Greek Life staff, Panhellenic chapters and advisors, sorority house corporations, and other partners to a structure a hybrid recruitment model that would include both virtual and in-person rounds.
The University of Arkansas Panhellenic Council will adhere to all federal, state, local, and University guidelines. Therefore, we will determine in the first week of August which of the following hybrid options will be implemented for recruitment. Our hybrid options include:
- Plan #1: Two Virtual Rounds and Two In-Person Rounds
- Plan #2: Three Virtual Rounds, One In-Person Round
- Plan #3: All Virtual Rounds
Here’s Additional Information Potential New Members Should Know
- Recruitment will be held Aug. 14-22, 2020. Bid Day is Saturday, August 22.
- Potential New Members living on campus will need to move in to residence halls early in order to fully participate in the primary recruitment process.
- Sorority Orientation will be held virtually on Friday, Aug. 14 at a scheduled time. More information will be shared within the weeks to come.
- The Open House Round and Philanthropy Round will be virtual rounds.
- Sisterhood and Preference Round will be in-person. Please be mindful that in-person activities could change based on health & safety guidelines the date of the event.
- For all in-person rounds, time will be set aside for proper cleaning and disinfecting in between each party.
- There will be an all virtual option for any Potential New Member who choses to complete the recruitment process without meeting in-person.
- Masks will be required for Potential New Members and chapter members throughout recruitment.
- All participants should practice 6-feet social distancing.
- T-shirts will still be worn during all rounds except Preference. Potential New Members should plan to wear After Five attire for the Preference round.
Information Regarding Bid Day
- Plans are still being finalized for Bid Day and will be shared once information becomes available.
- Due to health and safety concerns, parents and guests will not be allowed in chapter facilities or on sorority lawns for this year’s Bid Day celebration. Only Active Members and Potential New Members will be a part of Bid Day festivities at the chapter house.
- Should parents visit for the weekend, it is strongly recommended that plans with your Potential New Member are made off-campus.
- Greek Life is pleased to partner with incredible sponsors and vendors. Parents will receive emails in early August to pre-order gifts, etc. Please take advantage of this opportunity for your Potential New Member.
Please know that we are working around the clock in order to provide the best experience possible for our Potential New Members and chapters. Health and safety is our priority for all involved including Potential New Members, chapters, our staff, alumni volunteers, etc. We will continue to update our website and social media pages. We also encourage Potential New Members to check their emails periodically. We will use these channels of communication moving forward. You may also email us at email@example.com. Finally, we are so excited about meeting each of you this fall! GO HOGS!
Panhellenic Recruitment Team